Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happy Thursday to you!

When I received the September Club Q kits from Quick Quotes, I immediately fell in love with the Canvas kit! There are so many fun little elements and details included for the mini, it’s just all over yummy with so many ways to make it your own.  Here's an image of the original project so you can see how I switched mine up:


 
To begin, I took all of my laser cut chipboard frames and painted them with an acrylic cream paint. While soothing and therapeutic, I’ll be honest, it does take more than two coats, so, if you embark on this journey too, trust me it will be worth it!!! To prepare the book, I used Amaretto Powder Puff Chalking ink on all of the edges of my canvas. Each of the pages have been dry brushed with some cream, light yellow and barn red acrylic paints along the edges to give a bit of a shabby vintage feel to match the elegant frame shapes.

Some details about the cover:
  • I pressure embossed my white frames and they embossed wonderfully!
  • The acrylic bracket frame is from a good friend, she sent it home with me last year and it finally found a perfect spot here! I dry brushed some barn red paint behind it to give it some interest.
  • The black and white argyle print doily is one of many doily’s that I cut from a die.
  • My sentiment has glossy accents put over the top. I wouldn’t recommend applying it over vellum as you can see, it did wrinkle mine some.
  • After much debate, I chose to leave it as is because it makes the sentiment more profound in my opinion. It’s not always about being super perfect, it’s about simply making a project your own.

Once the prep work was done, all I had to do was pick out my favorite photos and mount them to my frames. 
I stamped my accent mats with some doily stamps using Amaretto Powder Puff chalking ink and added a coordinating Epiphany Crafts round 14 epoxy button.  Another cream doily with a sentiment from our Vintage Alphabet Quote Sets, French Quarter.  I loved these so much and used them on several pages here. 
I added a little fine hemp and tied it around the frame, then curled my ends.
The photo on the left is a little washed out, but I loved it anyhow so I used it.  You can tell that it was one of those “no one wants to sit still moments”!  Who doesn’t just love those Frosted Butterflies, they are such soft and beautiful accents!?!
I just loved the feel that the yellow gingham adds to this color scheme!  You'll see another Vintage Alphabet Sentiment and an Epiphany Crafts Heart 14 epoxy button on the right.
I slid the remaining bit of yellow gingham doily die underneath my frame here.  Some of the Vintage Alphabet Sentiment packaging was used for my butterflies also on this page.  The next page I used a bit of crochet trim to balance my white space of the sentiment block.  I finally found the perfect page to use my Black Gem Frosted Butterfly!!!
I just loved this photo to go along with the sentiment on opposite page.
For the back cover, I added the burlap, die cut my sentiment and inked with Midnight Confessions Powder Puff Chalk Ink. I’ve also added an Epiphany Crafts 25 round epoxy, round 14 and 20 buttons.  

 
Other Ingredients:
  • Powderpuff Chalking Inks: Midnight Confessions, Amaretto, Maraschino Cherry
  • Cherry Truffle *100* - yellow gingham from August Club Q kit
  • Cream Cardstock from previous Club Q kit.
  • Vintage Alphabet Quotes: Cherry Truffle and French Quarter
  • Frosted Butterflies by Quick Quotes
  • Cream, Light Yellow and Barn Red acrylic paint
  • Doily Stamps by My Mind’s Eye Stella & Rose collection
  • Spellbinders Deckled Rectangle die for back cover sentiment
  • Doily Die by MFT
  • Epiphany crafts Round 14 and 25, Heart 14, Round Button 14 and 20.
  • Fine cream hemp by Darico
  • Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher and Glossy Accents
  • Acrylic heart, tag and photo corner overlays by K&Co.
  • Other: Crochet trim, acrylic bracket, glue dots and foam brushes

Thanks for hanging in there with me for this large project!  I had fun with it!!  Be sure to stop on over to the Quick Quotes Blog to see what other inspiration they have to share with you too!
 
Have yourself a super scrappity day!!! 

 
~ Rhonda

2 comments:

Jodi said...

This turned out FABULOUS!!!!!!! The doily is such a beautiful touch!! Definately a book to treasure for a lifetime!!!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Your minis are absolutely divine!! I miss seeing you around, and you hope you are well!