Monday, June 6, 2011

June Club Q "Re-Do" Project #1!

At Quick Quotes, we get so excited when the new Club Q Kits debut!  This month we get to work with this fun and fresh new line called "Savvy Davvy!"!  Check out the fresh feel of these papers and awesome embellishments!

 
Here is quick peek at the Page Kit projects you can create:
 
Here are the Canvas Kit projects you can create.  Check out that sweet little kicker canvas mini too!:
Should we talk about my Club Q "Re-Do"?!!!
 
For my first project I used the page kit and was totally inspired by the round red washers!  I took that theme and went with it!
I love how the red felt like it popped by pulling the blues in the paper line. 
 
 
The titlework is a nod to the fact that our oldest has called his little brother "Brover!" since day 1!  It's so cute, I thought it was a fun way to capture the memory of that time.  Notice that blue paper doily?  It started out white and boring...  but oh how I love the effect from my Hawaiian chalk ink!!!  The color is so rich and vibrant!  I decided to blend a bit of the Tahiti into the doily too and I loved the effect of blending them!

 
Techniques Used:
  • I attached pattern paper underneath the red washers for some pop.
  • Added crackle accents and glossy accents to some of the circles.
  • Utilized the existing sentiments in the paper line to convey part of my journaling/titlework.
  • This layout inspired by Pencil Lines sketch #108.
  • Powder Puff Chalk Inks used: Hawaiian, Limeade, Tahiti and Maraschino Cherry.
 
Non Kit Items Used:
Cricut Expression, "Campin Critters" cartridge to cut circle at 7.5".
Sizzix accordian flower dies for the accordian flowers.
Paper Doily, Zva pearl strip
AC Thickers for alphas
Ranger Glossy Accents
Ranger Crackle Accents
AC Foam Dots "From This to That"
Thread, Sewing Machine

 
Journaling:
I love this photo of my sweet boys! Two years later and you still love each other and are best buddies! Melt my heart!

 
Thank you so much for stopping on over to spend a moment with me here today!  I'll be back soon to share one of my next projects with you too!

 
Have a super scrappity day!
~ Rhonda

No comments: