Friday, May 27, 2011

Quick Quotes: May Club Q "Re-Do"!

Happy Friday to all my bloggy friends!

I'm so excited to post my first projects for Quick Quotes!  Part of what our Design Team is inspired to do is take the monthly Club Q projects and create something totally different.  We call that a "Club Q Re-Do!". 

Our May Project Kit: 

The May Page Kit:

My debut post for Quick Quotes was my Re-Do for the Project kit.  Here are my other projects that I created with my kits:


Techniques:
  • I used my Powder Puff Chalk Inks (LOVE them!!!) to create my colors on my laser cut title.
  • While I had my inks out, I smeared them to my silicone mat and used my "Memories" stamp for a soft varieagated feel.
  • Some of the kit circles, I cut into spirals, then created rolled roses with them.  The leaves are hand cut, a few are snipped from the vine trim included in the kit. 
Ingredients:
  • Club Q May Kit
  • Vintage crochet lace
  • I-Top, 28mm i-top brad and punch, Imaginisce
  • Butterfly and Dragonfly Punches:  EK Success, Martha Stewart
  • Butterfly Punch around the Page:  Martha Stewart
  • Circle Trim Punch:  Martha Stewart
  • Floral Punch:  Fiskars
  • Alphas:  AC Thickers
  • Ranger Stickles:  Diamond, Tropical Tangerine and Rock Candy
  • Dymo Labeler
  • Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
  • Powder Puff Chalk Inks:  Marischino Cherry, Tahiti, Mango Mai Tai, Blue Hawaiian and Mocha Mama
  • Other:  1 Orange Recollections by Michael's mini rose
My third project:
Card Size: 6” x 3.5”
 
Techniques:
  • Inked edges of project with Maraschino Cherry and Tahiti Chalk Inks
  • Created a pocket using my striped papers, then stitched it together with my sewing machine.
  • I used tags in my pocket but you could easily make this a gift card holder card.
  • One tag was embossed using the Damask Cuttlebug embossing folder.
  • Folded circles and created a half flower by attaching with tiny staples. I folded the edges over my pocket and used glue dots to hold in place.
  • I cut apart my vine trim to use the leaves for my flower.
Ingredients:

  • Club Q May Kit
  • Aqua Cardstock, Gemstone
  • Seam Binding Ribbon, Hug Snug
  • Two orange mini roses, Recollections by Michael’s
  • String for tags
  • Thank You rub-on sentiment, Pebbles
  • Flower Punch, Fiskars
  • Tag Punch, Marvy Uchida
  • Thread
  • Sewing Machine
My Fourth Project:


Techniques:

  • Layered my flowers with a little white tulle. I used the circles in the kit to create my rosebud centers. The leaf trim worked beautifully to create my flowers.
  • I then added a small pearl to center of the blue flower and tangerine stickles in the center of my orange flower.
  • Used the sentiment of the paper strip for my title, I glued my ric-rac on the underside using Beacon 3-in-1.
  • Created my little tag embellishment using heart shaped tool from Epiphany Crafts, then tied to the kit ribbon using bakers twine.
  • I attached my photo as a pocket so I could add additional journaling there and inside the kraft envelope.
  • The flowers are strategically disguising my husbands hand which was in the frame of the picture. : )
Ingredients:
  • Club Q May Kit
  • http://www.sketchinspiration.ning.com/ sketch 220
  • Powder Puff Inks: Tahiti, Mango Mai Tai, Maraschino Cherry and Mocha Mama
  • Mini Tag Punch, Martha Stewart
  • “Framed Dots” Punch Around the Page, Martha Stewart
  • Doily Die, MFT Dies (My Favorite Things)
  • Flower Punch, Fiskars
  • Corner Chomper, We R Memory Keepers
  • 1 Maya Road kraft envelope 
  • 1 yellow pearl, Kaisercraft (non kit)
  • White Tulle (non kit)
  • Ranger Stickles in Tangerine (non kit)
  • Epiphany Crafts Epoxy Heart (non kit)\
  • Orange Bakers Twine, The Twinery (non kit)
  • Oatmeal Ric-Rak (non kit)
That rounds out my Club Q Re-Do for May!  I wanted to say a big warm WELCOME and Hello! if you are a newer follower to my blog!  If you would like more information about Club Q or to sign up to start receiving kits, please click here.  The June kits are beautiful!!!

Have a super scrappity weekend!
~ Rhonda

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Wow you are one busy girl! I think it's so great that you break down every project for your readers. I think you have the most beautiful blog background I've seen all day :)

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Cute cute cute you always amaze me You did a good job with kit love the revamp it
Ahhh when u are famous make sure you sign for me