Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day Fun!

Happy Thursday to you!!! 

My hubby was so sweet yesterday, he said "Hey, I really hate to go to the store to buy a card for my Mom.  Do you think you can make something more special that we can send to her?"...

Well you know I was way more than happy to do that!!!  My mother-in-law is so appreciative of cards and flower and such, it's really a joy to create something for her. 

I'm also entering this little creation into the Cricut Circle Blog's Monthly Challenge for May.  It's a recipe challenge of sorts and so much fun!
For this card I chose the newly released "Little Cutie" line from Imaginisce for girls, a little Garden Party and Enchanted tossed in with some cardstock.  I used my i-Top brad maker for the center flower and our Mesh Brads from Garden Party for the other flower centers.  My i-rock shows up with those adorable new metal hearts on the flower centers and gems in my pattern paper on top.  The alpha stickers are from "Me & My Big Ideas". Twine is from the Twinery. Hemp is by Darico.
I used my Cricut Expression and the Doodlecharms cartridge for my sun and flowers.  I liked that the flowers sort of echoed the shape of the sun a bit.  I didn't attach the rays of the sun or the petals/leaves from my flowers just so I could provide a little texture and pop.

The touch of ric-rak at the bottom was just the perfect pop of pink that I thought it needed to be cheerful.

I hope this little card brings some sunshine into your day!  Have a super scrappity day!!!
~ Rhonda 

7 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

I absolutely love that card and she will definitely love it as well!

Liz said...

Oh my this is a cutie all the stitching and you make it look so cute... Way cool and wow super cup on those I top brads I need to watch a video how to do that.

Jan Garber said...

So glad to see you posting again! Lovely little card! Your MIL will love it! The only time my DH asks me to make a card is when he's forgotten to buy one and needs me to get him out of trouble!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful

Hugs Dusti

Cricut Couple said...

My Goodness! This is Fantastic!!! There are only two words I can use... Fantastic and Perfect!!! Good luck on the challenge, but with a design like this, you really don't need it. Wow!

Emily said...

Wow! Beautiful card! I love all the details :) Good luck with the challenge!

Leah's Crafty Life said...

Absolutely stunning... bet your MIL was happy to receive that beauty!