Saturday, June 26, 2010

All Star Catch!

I don't know about you, but I'm not what you would call a fast or quick scrapper.  It isn't very often when a project just comes together for me rapidly, but when it does boy is it a great feeling!  That is what happened when I started working with my June alternate kit from Life Preserver's.  It has these amazing Paper Loft "Dude" papers and coordinating embellishments from Little Yellow Bicycle. 

When I saw these fun papers I had several photos in mind that I thought would be just perfect for the men in my life.  Here are a few recent favorite snapshots of our oldest son playing catch with Daddy.  I also had to add in my Tim Holtz filmstrip ribbon that I'd been dying to use.  Hint...   Helmar's Gemstone Glue is absolutely perfect to attach this invisibly to your project. 


















I also used this project for my final challenge which I call "All Mixed Up".  Use a non-alpha in your title and mix fonts to create interest.

Another angle so you can see the "ribbon" effect.  I took inspiration from my girl Jodi and created the cardboard star, painted it with some Memory Makers evergreen, then wrapped it up in floral wire and then pop dotted it for some fun dimension. 

The buttons I used on here are from a recent find at Tuesday Morning.  I totally scored and some of the buttons just worked with the color scheme in this line perfectly!










I hope you are having a super scrappity weekend and thank you so much for stopping on over!

2 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

Amazing page! It is just great how you used all of the embellies to really show off your photo!

Lisa J. said...

Rhonda this looks great. I knew you would rock that kit. Looks great how you got the film strip ribbon to pop!