Thursday, August 27, 2009

Happy Thursday and my latest LPC project...














Here is my challenge for the Life Preservers Club "Big Scrapper House" sketch challenge, week 3.

You'd think that working off of a sketch would be way easier than creating from scratch. I thought so too (since I've not used a sketch yet!)... but that was SO not the case! I had a few little bumps along the way, but in the end, this is how it turned out.  Fun stuff!  In the close up photo of  my son with his pacifier, Eyore was to the right on his shoulder.  I decided to crop the photo to keep Eyore for something unsual and silly.








For the choo-choo train, I put it on top of a ripped embossed scrap of cardstock. You can't see it very well, but I made some smoke puffs in black plastic snaps that are in the red flower centers, then on the background. I then added the swirly do rub-on's. I then figured I should doodle another one on the red background, just to play a bit. I am always slightly scared to write directly on my projects. I'm trying to get over it and it's not so bad!
.
To mix things up a bit, I decided to use my new Memory Makers vintage stamps as paper blocking, then I  created my own "stamp" for part of the title work. That was the finishing touch.
















Curious how this translates to a maybe 12x12 page?  Well, so am I!  This is the background paper I had in mind. 

Thanks for looking - Now go on with your bad self and have a super scrappity day!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What a good idea to buy "regular" silk flowers to alter & use for scrapping!!!
Your LO is adorable~ I love all the little extra touches!!