Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May Sketch Challenge with BoBunny!

Happy Tuesday to you! 

Have you seen the BoBunny Sketch Challenge for May? I'm super excited to share with you my take on the sketch and remind you there is still time to play along!


"Sideshow"

My project today features our fantastic Alphabet Silver Foil Rubons. Not only are they beautiful to use for your title work, they can also add that extra accent as well. The collection I'm using is called Carnival. The photo is of our dog, Radar who was decorated during nap time by our youngest, who was busy playing instead of actually napping with the dog.  


The layers and circles in the sketch design make it easy to use multiple photos or just one. Here I've used a variety of circles, some are punched and some are the layered chipboard, chipboard or brads.


I built the background two layers first. Next, I worked on the collage pieces of the layers separately, tacking them together with small amounts of adhesive as I went.

Once I was happy with the placement, then I added my Alphabet Silver Foil Rubons to create the title and accents. Next the collage is adhered and machine stitched to ensure it's secure and my accent Rubons. Then I covered the design with scrap papers and dropped splatters of coordinating Glimmer Spray to accent the design.

BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper:  Cotton Candy, Carnival Tickets, Potions, Big Top, Sideshow, Spectator and Balancing Act / Carnival
6x6 Paper Pad: Carnival
Chipboard: Carnival Chipboard, Carnival Layered Chipboard
Noteworthy: Carnival
Double Dot Jewels Blue Hues, Mocha and Aqua
Brads: Carnival
Glimmer Spray: Frost, Sugar and Gold
Ink: Licorice
Rubons: Alphabet Silver Foil

Don't forget, there are still several days left to play along with the challenge. Check out all of the details right here.

Thanks so much for stopping on over!  Have a super scrappity day!!!