Saturday, September 27, 2014

Treasure Box with BoBunny

Greetings and happy weekend to you!

I have a fun little project to share with you featuring the Wild Card collection by BoBunny today.  A little while ago I picked up this cute little box at a crafty sale.

Around our house it seems that we have a lot of smaller kids items like tiny lego pieces and Chuck E Cheese coins, dice, etc. Time to alter this fun little box so that we can put it to good use! (I'm voting for the Chuck E Cheese coin storage myself if you want to know the truth!)


To begin, I painted the box in a base coat of navy.  I traced the shape and created a template so I could cut pieces to cover it.


For the top, since I couldn't remove the knob, I simply cut the relief of the bracket chipboard shape out so I still had a little interest in the cover design without the trouble of retro-fitting around the knob.


The circle stickable stencil from the Brocade set was used to represent treasure here.


Using a paintbrush I accented different elements with the Gold Glitter Paste.


BoBunny Supplies:
Patterned Paper:  Garage, Zoom / Wild Card
Chipboard: Wild Card
Stickers: Combo Sticker / Wild Card
Brads: Wild Card
Glitter Paste: Gold
Stickable Stencils: Brocade
Stamps: Stitches
Ink Pad: Licorice

Thanks so much for stopping on over today to visit!  Make sure to ask for the Wild Card collection at your local scrap store.

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, Rhonda! Thanks for the inspiration :)