Monday, September 15, 2014

A Patriotic Page with Cheery Lynn Designs

Monday greetings to you!  It's my day to host the Cheery Lynn Designs blog and share my project.

I made a patriotic page today featuring a photo of Mt. Rushmore that I took when we were on vacation this summer. There was something so patriotic and majestic about seeing the monument in person.


I started with an 8x8 piece of white cardstock and used Fancy Corners #4 on the corners. Next, I used the Scalloped Rectangle and aligned it to cut a 7x7" square. (This is one of the Reflections Boutique dies.) At the top I used a Victorian Romance Flourish as a hanger type of element in between my layers. Lace Heart Square is next.


I had some pieces left from my project last week, so you will see the Foliage Embossed white cardstock and French Lattice on top, tucked under the Southern Charm Valance on the right.


To anchor my photo I used the Polynesian Sails Oval, then layered a medium Horizon Oval Boutique Stacker with foam squares. The photo is then attached with foam squares. This gives me a lot of area to layer my cuts. On the bottom you'll see a snip of Sophia's Heart Border, another piece left over from a previous project. 

Layered on the right are the Quills and a Wheat cluster, topped with the Star and Birds of Earth and Sky. To the left of that is a Branch. There are Cloud cuts layered under the photo and one attached with foam squares. 

Cheery Lynn Designs Dies Used:
Fancy Corner Cuts #4 - B431
Scalloped Rectangle - DL199
Lace Square Heart - DL189
Polynesian Sails Oval - DL153
Clouds and Rain - B320
Stars (Set of 3) (Utility) - QF120
Horizon Oval Boutique Stacker Frames - DL252
French Lattice Small - FRM132
Foliage Embossing Plate - E127
Victorian Romance Flourish - DL151
Sophia's Heart Border - B333
Wheat Heads (Set of 2) - B388
Quill and Ink Pot - B369
Southern Charm Valance - B454
Birds of Earth and Sky - B349
Branch (Set of 2) - B466

Please join us this week for our all new challenge "Things with Wings".  You could win a gift certificate for $20 to the online store just for playing along! You can't win if you don't play. 

Thanks much for stopping on over to the blog today - have a super scrappity day!

1 comment:

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is gorgeous Rhonda. Love the Wintery feel to it, and your use of Cheery Lynn dies. Judy x