Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hoops!

Greetings Scrappy Peeps!
 
I have page today with a fun new basketball page that I created using one of Moxxie's newest releases, "Basketball".  It has a fun graffiti feel to it which makes it such a great fit for those teen photos or any cool "air" pics you might be fortunate to have.  

Moxxie_Jan3_BBallLO_VanGinkel_final

I had this fun pic of my hubby and boys hanging out at the gym taking a quick break during their basketball fun.  Even though the photo isn't crazy or edgy, it totally works with this line!  

The "Hoops" title work is fussy cut, then backed with some coordinating orange pattern paper.  It's a nice way to create your own custom title.  All I did was cut the title out, then adhere it to the coordinating orange pattern paper and cut around it again leaving a shadow.  Since the font here is very geometric, it was quite easy to do and if it's not perfect, that just adds to the character of the page!

Moxxie_Jan3_BBallLO_VanGInkel_Details_final

The other fun thing that I did with my orange paper was to create some angled strips to give the feel of motion and activity.  I just lined up my trimmer at 3/4" on one end and to the tip on the other.  I did it again on the other side.  A bit of solid card stock in complementing colors helps ground the page so it isn't too busy or harsh.  The die cuts and stickers that accompany the line are perfectly edgy too.

This line is so COOL!  If you have basketball fans in your house, this is a must have line for you!!!

Thanks for stopping on over today!  Have a super scrappity day!!!
~ Rhonda

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Love all the angels to your page Rhonda. The title and the basketball work perfectly with the photo ( which is adorable by the way).. Awesome work!