Thursday, December 20, 2012

Off the Page with Moxxie!

Happy Thursday and Happy Holidays to all!  I'm super excited to be up over on the Moxxie blog today!

I have a fun dimensional ornament creation today featuring the Winterland collection. For this project I've used an acrylic shadowbox ornament kit from Darcie's.  I purchased mine at Archiver's.  It allows you to add other elements or dimensional items into the ornament.  


 
 
I love that you can create an ornament to customize however you like!  I've got a few step out photos to show you how I assembled this.  Here are all of the pieces:
 


First, you cover two sides of the three chipboard pieces with your pattern paper, then sand the edges.  I use Modge Podge Matte to attach the pattern paper to my chipboard.
 
The interior chipboard layer I just inked the edges and around with Purple Passion PowderPuff Chalk Ink from Quick Quotes.  It will be sandwiched so only the sides will show, so I inked the sides nicely of all three pieces of my chipboard.


I chose to adhere my photo and pattern paper together as a single layer to allow more dimension for my embellishment.  I used Glossy Accents to attach each chipboard layer together.
 
  
My boys are both in love with the character "Buzz Lightyear" from the ever popular Toy Story movie series. For one of my sides of the ornament, this is a sticker that I’m going to add on the curve.

The next step was placing the sticker into this layer, then the chipboard layer with the purple pattern paper.  I loved how nicely the colors worked with our favorite character!


My last step was to add a bit of Diamond Stickles to the design.  Now all that was left to do is allow this to dry, then place the acrylic pieces on each side with the ornament clips.

 
 
My boys just love seeing their photos on the tree.  I also love seeing them each year when the ornament boxes come back out and to reminisce as we decorate our tree.

Do you like to create your own ornaments for the holidays?  

Thanks so much for stopping on over today!  Have a wonderful holiday season and joy to you and yours!!!

~
Rhonda

1 comment: