Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Journey featuring "Road to Recovery" from Moxxie

Happy Wednesday Crafty Friends!

I've got a Moxxie project to share with you today featuring the "Road to Recovery" line that was recently released.  This line is so unlike anything on the market and it really spoke to me.  I can't tell you how much I was moved when I saw the previews of it, much less when I finally saw this in real life.

"My Journey" 12x12 Layout

I had a journey last year that was quite unexpected.  A lot of other people I suspect have them too.  It leaves you in shock or wonder and sometimes frustrated or angry when your health doesn't cooperate and there seems like no end in sight.  The range of emotions you experience going through a somewhat traumatic life event is huge. To represent this, I added the jagged border on the bottom as a symbol of a bumpy road.

For me, this one photo is from the very beginning of my journey when on top of it all, I landed in the hospital with an emergency appendectomy last Easter.  


I printed this photo using one of those litte instant photo printers from my husband's phone.  It turned out kind of moody and with a few streaks, but I loved how my sweet boys were gathered around me.  When I got the collection I figured why not just use it the way it is -- moody and all!  

The circles used here are not an accident as to me, they represent life.  I loved the feeling of motion and also the way they symbolized putting together a puzzle of sorts.  The quote was perfect for how I felt at that point in time.  Frustrated beyond belief!  


This project was amazingly emotional for me, but in a good way.  I'm so grateful that Moxxie makes this line, there are so many uses for it!!!

Ingredients:
Road to Recovery Papers and Die Cuts
White Cardstock, AC
Diamond Stickles
Butterfly die, CLD
Butterfly Punches, Fiskars and EK Success
Other:  Button, Thread and Sewing Machine

Thanks for spending a moment with me here today!

Have a super scrappity day!
Rhonda

2 comments:

Bunny Vance said...

Beautiful Rhonda and also the story around it. So glad you are back to good health again!!!

Liz said...

That is really something to think about and this is what it's all about they will always treasure this.