Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Enjoy Everyday Moments

Happy Tuesday!

I'm excited to share with you another project created with the new release and ever fabulous "Just Because" line by Quick Quotes.  This collection will become available in the Quick Quotes store on or after August 23.

The color scheme and design of this collection is so fresh for your everyday photos, it's just really a fantastic line!  I took inspiration from the grass color in my photo and the sunburst stripes.  A bit of coordinating green chevron peeks under my journaling block layer.  I cut the chevron strip with my Silhouette.

"Enjoy Everyday Moments" 12 x 12 Layout
Fussy cutting on the pattern paper strip used to layer under my photo.

A floral collage helps anchor the design.

A butterfly of vellum stitched to attach, floats in the clouds.

Designer's Notes:

My starting point for this page was the colorwashed cardstock.  It's by Core'dinations and the core color is a purple.  I scored and sanded some lines on the left and bottom of the page for a subtle accent that tied in my son's purple shirt.

Playing along with the natural design of the papers, I cut a wavy strip of paper to layer under my photo.

I added the corduroy flowers and button centers to soften the geometric patterns elsewhere on the page. The same is true of the clouds.  This photo is one of my favorite pictures of our oldest son.  To help the colors pop, I used a few black and white wallet sized for contrast.

Ingredients:
Just Because collection, Quick Quotes
Powderpuff Chalk Inks:  Biscotti, Limeade, Blue Hawaiian and Mocha Mama, Quick Quotes
Vellum scrap for butterfly, Quick Quotes
Tin Type papers for leaves, Quick Quotes
Cardstock, Core'dinations
Silhouette
Butterfly die, CLD
Cloud dies, MFT
Rose Leaf and Frond punches, Martha Stewart
Tab Punch, Jenni Bowlin for Fiskars
Small Cloud Punch, Fiskars
Baker's Twine, The Twinery
Sentiment sticker, K and Co.
Other:  Sewing Machine, Thread, Buttons and Corduroy Flower

Thanks for stopping on over today!  Have a super scrappity day!
~ Rhonda

*******

Don't forget!  There's a HUGE giveaway to win tuition to a Quick Quotes Private Reserve!

Click here to find out more!!!

No comments: