Sunday, May 27, 2012

Upcycling with Quick Quotes and Chalk Inks!

Sunday Greetings to you from Rhonda!

Last week we were cleaning out a few things and I came across this picture frame and photo and was going to place the frame into the donate box.

Then I looked at it again and thought well, maybe I can use this!

I absolutely love this quote by Patsy Gaut and wanted to create a home decor piece with it.

Yes, it's the same item!  Here's what I did:
  • Removed the photo and glass.  This frame happened to have shadowbox depth!  Bonus!
  • Base coat the frame with white gesso.  It took about three coats for coverage. 
  • Once dried, brush some Biscotti PowderPuff Chalk Ink randomly on.
  • Stop when it has a good shabby chic look.  Rub any brush marks in with your finger.
  • Decorate and embellish with your favorite Quick Quotes collection(s).
There are several other items that I applied ink to as well.
  • The tiny clothes pins were inked with Biscotti
  • The lattice die cut was simple white card stock and a bit of Biscotti coordinated it perfectly!
  • My vellum butterflies are inked with Biscotti and Blue Hawaiian
  • The music paper flower is inked with Biscotti and Blue Hawaiian very lightly
  • The leaves are inked with Green with Envy and Limeade
  • My tags and quote pieces are all inked 


Supplies:
French Quarter Collection - Quick Quotes
PowderPuff Chalk Inks:  BiscottiBlue HawaiianGreen with Envy, Limeade - Quick Quotes
Beacon 3-in-1 Glue - Quick Quotes
Tag Punch and Tiny Butterfly in Biscotti Punch - Marvy Uchida
Tiny Butterfly Punch - EK Success
Lattice, Flourish, Leaves and Floral Dies - Cheery Lynn Designs
Butterfly - Making Memories
Key - Tim Holtz for Ranger
Clothes Pins - Hobby Lobby
Adhesive - Xyron 5" for Lattice
Diamond Stickles - Ranger
Other:  Wire, Staple Gun

I hope I've inspired you just a little today to play with those PowderPuff Chalk Inks!  Perhaps maybe even to seek out some unsuspecting "treasures" that you didn't know you had.

 Have a relaxing day and I'll see you next time!
~ Rhonda

No comments: