Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


I wanted to take a quick moment to wish you all a very safe and Happy St. Patrick's Day and to share a quick little creation that I made with a little green in it.  he he!

These fun and adorable Chicken Noodle Soup papers from Jillibean Soup were just what I was looking for!  I cut out the barn scene, elevated it with foam dots and then added some green burlap that I fringed to create the "grass".  The brown brick papers I cut as my dirt.  They are attached with foam dots as well.

A little q-tip cotton for the smoke out of the tractor seemed like a good idea.  he he...   I needed a 'belated' birthday card but didn't quite know exactly what the sentiment would be.  When I saw the music paper with the Old MacDonald song and "ei-ei-o" on it... I had my sentiment!!!

I cut the upper barn door so it remains opened and cut out one other chicken so she could peek out of the barn.  My Martha Stewart starburst punch worked wonderfully with the daisy print to simulate a sun.  To finish it all up, I added some hemp and curled it for fun.

I think I'm going to have to make a few more of these.  I love that they are age appropriate for most anyone and of course the farm girl in me just adores these papers and the barnyard scene!!! 

Thanks so much for popping on over!  Have a super scrappity day!!!

5 comments:

Liz said...

This is so clever and cute I love it... Well what's not to love about Jillibean... It is a very cute for anyone card...

Jodi said...

OMGoodness!!! This is sooo cute!! Love the chick peeking out, and burlap grass is soooo clever!!!

Jan Hennings said...

Woo-hoo and BIG CONGRATS to you, too! (GD for Donna Salazar :)

Unknown said...

What a sweet card. I so love the twine on this. Congratulations on the Guest spot with Donna Salazar. I'm looking forward to your creations

Toodles
Erika

Scrapenabler said...

Super cute card! Love all the detail.