Friday, December 18, 2009

MME Blog Challenge #6: Paper Flowers


















Here is my interpretation of the sketch using Life Stories and my favorite wedding photo:

*Note, This layout was selected for publication in the January 24 issue of Scrapbook News and Review. 


















1.  Created using cricut, cut out 3 variated sized, inked and rolled.  The brad is a metal brad that I hand covered with the matching paper.
2.  Created using cricut, cut out 3 variated sizes, inked and rolled.
3.  This is the rose taught by Tim Holtz for his 12th tag of Christmas this year. Learn How!
4.  Created using cricut, cut out 5 variated sizes, inked and rolled. 
5.  Lollipop flowers scrunched and misted.  Cut 4 circles, 3", 2.5", 2", 1".  Spritz with water, then glimmer spray.  While wet, scrunch and fold together.  Use heat gun to set this in place.  Looks like leather flowers when done! 
6.  Heart Rose technique.  Heart Rose Tutorial!  (Warning - these are HUGE!)
7.  Vintage Brad Flower.  This is quick and easy.  You just need a large brad.  I made mine using a 1/2" brad and a 4x4" square piece of paper.  I tied mine using string versus a rubber band.  I saw this on another site and thought it was a cute idea. I placed a part of the Prima bling in the center for fun. Learn How!

Non-MME Items:
- Prima Say it in Crystals
- Thickers
- Brads
- Inks & Shimmer Mist
- Thread
- Sentiment Rub-On
- Kaiser Pearls on Butterflies

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Aimee Kidd said...

OMGosh girl! This is GORGEOUS! Keeping my fingers crossed for you and Krista!

Andrea said...

Rhonda that LO is just stunning!!! WOW!!

Maggi said...

This is stunning!

Joyce said...

Beautiful work Rhonda! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Amber said...

Beautiful! Thank you Rhonda.

Davi said...

Congratulations, Your creation is just stunning!! the colors and flowers are wonderful

klasickewpie said...

I'm a huge MME fan and saw your beautiful LO as the winner of their paper challenge. I just wanted to stop by and say this is one of the most gorgeous layouts I've seen. I appreciate how you numbered your flowers in the photo to correspond with your instructions.

Rachel said...

lovely card!!:)
blessing and greetings from Poland!:)