Friday, November 6, 2009

Wild about cards?

TGIF!!  Are you wild about cards?  I do not consider myself much of a card maker.  That being said, when I feel like I don't do something well, generally that inspires and challenges me to try and prove myself wrong. 

Enter the new cricut cartridge "Wild Card".  I picked this one up hoping that it would inspire me to create something unique and to top it off - make coordinating/matching envelopes! 

I was initially intimidated by this cartridge.  I wondered how to create envelopes and cards so that they would fit each other correctly. What does a technie gal do when she's intimidated by something?  I hunt down anything related on You Tube and attempt to conquer!

This is the "deckle" card.  The dragonfly and ladybug stickers were clearance finds.  I inked the dragonfly with worn lipstick distress ink to match.



Here is my "Hoot To You!" card and envelope.  The tree top and grass was actually a map part of the papers, and I used peeled paint distress ink to alter them.











Have a super Friday and thanks for popping on by!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Stunning... love that owl.

Maggi said...

Those are gorgeous!